I did some major dusting today and I was amazed at how bad my hair had gotten. I have been dusting approximately 2-4 times a month but have not done much dusting over the last 2 or 3 weeks. I discovered some very bad splits. SOme were long, others began in the middle of the strand. It seemed the left front quadrant of my head had it the worst. I am unable to properly dust the back because I just can't get to it adequately and I worry that some of the damage I have in the front is lurking back there.
I am going to continue to dust more regularly so I can catch as many offenders. Looking at how much I hacked off today makes me realize that I must step up my dusting and continue to keep my heat to a minimum. I have applied heat once since my relaxer 6 weeks ago and it was from a blowdryer. The last two times I washed, there was no blow dryer or flat iron involved and I like it like that. Some of those split ends in the middle of the strand were clearly as a result of direct flat iron heat.
Well, I hope for the best! I should be washing my hair on Wednesday or Thursday. Hope my no-heat method will continue to work for me. I may have to go out on Friday night and if that is the case, I may need to work hard to get my hair presentable as I already have almost a quarter inch of new growth or more in certain places.