Sunday, August 5, 2012

DISASTER!!!

Yes, the title says it all. I had a major setback today.

After almost 3 weeks of great hair, my last wash ended in tears.

As usual, I used my tea tree oil shampoo from nature's Gate and followed up with my Aphogee protein conditioner for about 5 minutes. I then put Silk Element olive oil con in my hair for about 10 minutes and rinsed.

The result was a TANGLED MESS!!!!

I have no idea why, and every attempt to untangle left me with so much hair lost. I had a humongous ball of broken and shed hair, in addition to what I must have lost in the shower.

I am not sure what went wrong but I am left with brittle, thin, lifeless hair and it ain't pretty.

The only possible explanation is that my hair needed another Apple vinegar rinse as was the case after my last wash, which left my hair feeling and looking GLORIOUS!

This is my second set back this year - I already lost so much hair in the back and left qquadrant of my hair. I think that was due to a combination of 2 factors. 1) running without washing my hair more than once a week left hair brittle and crunchy - thus, prone to breakage. 2) wearing my hair down while driving allowed hair to get caught and broken by the seat belt IMO.

Anyway, off to dust off my wig. I will clearly need it!

Oh, and I cannot get a relaxer next week, not with this set back. I must get my hair healthy before I apply any chemicals in it.

*sigh*