Saturday, August 18, 2012

SELF-RELAXER STRATEGY

I am trying to come up with a self-relaxer strategy that will make sense for me and my hair.
Here it is (I think)

  1. Hair prep: put oil on my strands, avoiding the new growth and then apply conditioner as well.
  2. Scalp prep: apply oil to my scalp and around the perimeter.
  3. Relaxer prep: mix it up!
  4. Shield: Pin a shower cap over whatever half I am not relaxing so that I can take my time and deal with one half section at a time. Will take longer but I believe the end result will be better.
  5. Rinse: Rinse with water, neutralizing shampoo, add conditioner, neutralize again.
  6. Wash: Use aloe vera shampoo once all the relaxer is out.
  7. Tea Rinse: Make a tea from rosemary, thyme, oregano, mint, lavender, basil and sorrel. Use it to rinse. Drink whatever's left (add aloe vera to it) hehe
  8. Protein conditioner: Apply Aphogee 2-minute keratin conditioner for about 3 minutes and rinse.
  9. Moisturizing conditioner: leave in for 15-20 minutes.
  10. ACV rinse: 'nuff said.
  11. Air dry.
  12. Silk Serum.
  13. Air dry.
  14. Moisture mix.
  15. Seal.
  16. Wrap.
  17. DONE.
This is clearly going to take FOREVER. I think I'll do this on Monday and just rock a wig till then. Will actually wash my hair today...um, nope. Just gotta wait it out, I guess.