For the last 3-4 weeks, my hair has been a tangled, knotted mess.
On Tuesday, however, I decided to take matters into my own hands and wash it. I shampood and then conditioned with se evoo con in a bottle and the dc'd with se con in tub. I left that on for approximately 15 minutes after applying it in sections and massaging it onto my strands. While in the shower, I used a small tooth comb to get out the tangles. This, as can be expected, resulted in a lot of hair loss. However, once done, I had no tangles.
I applied my silk serum, blow dried and then applied my moisture mix and sealed. I blowdried once more and had light, soft hair. Sadly, it was thin!
My hair has been thinning and rank with split ends. So much so that i have been overly tempted to do a big chop. I have decided, upon this last operation, to wait until tomorrow or Friday to attempt a relaxer. Once completed, I will straighten my hair and then take off at least an inch from the back and then dust everywhere else. If I can have collar bone length hair that is healthy, that will be just fine at this point.
It is super annoying to have yet another hair setback. This only confirms to me that I clearly cannot achieve longer healthier hair on my own, because no matter what I do, once I am about an inch or two from APL, I suffer a significant setback and have to lose hair.
When my hair is relaxed, I think I will go for 8-9 week stretches. This stretch has been very tough. I also will make sure I use my growth aid 1-2 times a week. I will ask Arlo to bring me some black castor oil when she comes in january and rely on that to help thicken my hair.
*sigh*