Friday, November 9, 2012

SELF RELAXER REVIEW 2

Well, I self-relaxed again at 13 weeks post relaxer.

This time, I took my time and relaxed my entire head in one sitting. Much better approach than the last time.  Unfortunately, I still missed a spot, and a few spots that didn't relax the last time did not relax again.

That is rather frustrating. But, I hope that the next time I relax, I can tackle my trouble spots adequately.

To prep, I applied CO pomade tp the perimeter of my head and the tips of my ears. I then split my hair into 8 sections and began to apply the relaxer product. BTW, I used Vitale Olive Oil Super. I worked the product through my hair while wearing a pair of sturdy yellow house cleaning gloves. (Much better than the cheap ones that come in the relaxer box.)

After applying to my head (that took about 30 minutes), I stood in front of the mirror and worked the relaxer in as best as I could. Then I stood in the shower and rinsed - sadly a lot of the relaxer got on my face and I used my Neutrogena cleanser to wash it off immediately and repeatedly.

After rinsing, I shampooed 3 times and then used the mayonnaise conditioner that came in the box. I left that on while I washed my faced and did a quick rinse of my entire body and then washed it out. Then, I shampooed again. I followed that with mayonaise con as a DC for 15 minutes and rinsed. Then I put SE Con in my hair for less than 5 minutes, washed my body and rinsed it out.

My hair felt great - except for a few spots that felt rough and so I conditioned them again.

After washing, I applied the leave-in-conditioner and silk serum. I blowdried and then applied my moisture mix. I then took my flat iron and ran it through my hair - particularly the tex-laxed spots. Once done, I took my shears and took off approximately 1-2 inches of hair.

My hair looks and feels fine. I am hoping to relax on either the last Friday in December or the first Friday in January. I hope to tackle my tex-laxed spots first and then work on the rest of my hair.

I will apply my growth aid on Sunday and Wednesday with wash day to be Friday. Hoping to simply maintain the little length I do have. My hair looks crappy though. It lacks thickness and length. Quite sad.