Thursday, June 12, 2008

I GOT A RELAXER

After over 22 weeks, I finally got a relaxer. I went to B Natural at Bowie Town Center. I wrote about my experience at the Round Brush hair site and will leave it at that.

I really loved the way my hair looked, but the length I achieved was unsatisfactory. My hair is basically at my collar bone. Thus, I need approximately 2 more inches to reach APL. Oh well.

My pre-relaxer process was a good one as I had absolutely no burning even though the night before, I combed my hair from the roots and put coconut oil on my scalp. I thank God. Next time, i will indeed apply some conditioner to my hair (sans NG) to protect it from over processing.

So, in general, I love my hair, just came back from a run and am happy. I am going to apply some mango butter to my hair and coconut oil, but very little because my hair feels a tad bit dry. All that time under the relaxer has my scalp feeling a little dry as well, so tonight, I will apply the castor oil pomade to my scalp but just a tiny amount.