After three weeks of applying direct heat to my hair, it was time to get back to my air drying routine. And yesterday, I applied Mahabhingraj oil, Amla oil as an overnight prepoo.
So, today, I did a shikamlarithaneem rinse then cowashed with VO5. I applied some MT to my hair, left it in for a few minutes and washed it out. I conncluded by applying NTM Mask and leaving it in for about 5 minutes. The result, after n ACV rine, was clean, soft, yet strong hair. I combed in the shower and did not experience much shedding and no breakage.
Once out of the shower, I let my hair dryfor about 30 minutes and then sprayed my moisture mix. After about 15 minutes, I applied KODL and left that in for another 15 minutes. Then I applied some Mango Butter and ran around for about 10 minutes. I finished up with abour 3 quarter size amounts of my oil mix and ran it through as many sections of my hair as possible. About 30 minutes later, I threw in a little more Mango Butter, focusing on my roots and was good to go.
My hair dried while we were at the book reading and by the time I got home, my hair was super soft and not mushy. My roots were mostly detangled and the curl had loosened tremendously. I originally thought the loose curl was the result of heat but now I know it is because of the NTM Mask.
All this raises the question of how much longer I can continue to strerch. As of today, I have hit the 21 week mark and frankly, my hair is great. I could stick to NTM Mask, and use Silicon Mix/ TE's KO Protein Con for my protein once a week and just continue to watch my hair and baby my ends.
God give me strength!