Thursday, March 4, 2010

VISIT TO SINTIA'S

I went to Sintia's to get a DC last night but was a little disappointed.

The lady who washed my hair, Elise, was just fine. However, she only put me under the dryer for about 10 minutes. After about 5 minutes of being under, the lady that usually relaxes my hair asked me to come out. I told her I had only been under for 5 minutes. Then, this big lady, used to work at the Bowie Dominican place that shut down, said that 5 minutes is fine, to which I responded that I planned to stay under a little longer. The dryer soon shut off and because all the ladies were busy with other people's hair, I sat for another 5 minutes with conditioner for almost a total of 20 minutes. I mentioned to the evening manager, Heather (I think) that I did not appreciate having a conversation on the matter.

I did not get a blow out and am very happy about that. My hair did not need the extra heat and it swangs and has incredible bounce without it. Based on this experience, I don't think I will get a blow out EVER again. It just isn't necessary unless there is something going on.


Anyway, before going to bed, I put some oil on my scalp and wrapped my hair. I left my hair wrapped the next day until it was time to pick TE up from school. My hair looks and feels great. I am convinced that my hair is doing okay. It could be doing better but so far so good. I will do a seek and destroy/dusting this weekend and when next I wash my hair, I will use the Silk Elements con I purchased. I wish I had a hooded blow dryer so that I could sit under for a little bit. I think that would help prepare my hair for the next relaxer which is in 2 weeks.

Well, overall, I am happy with my hair. The shedding/breakage of earlier this week has stopped for now. The thinness I was experiencing for all these months is done for now and I simply need to keep my hair happy between now and my next relaxer. I hope to accomplish that with head massages, low manipulation and not exposing my ends and hair to the elements as much as I can.

Once I get relaxed, I will go back to BT and use it 2-3 times a week for the first 8 weeks. For the last 2 weeks, I plan to relax before traveling to Nigeria, I will moisturize my scalp once a day with oils.

Hoping for the best