So after 3 weeks of straightening my hair, I experienced a set back.
DUH!
Its my first setback in almost 18 months. I have lost approximately 2 inches on the left side of my head in the back. It is very frustrating especially as I am so close to full APL. I plan on dusting my ends and getting a relaxer next weekend. I will not get a trim however, and will instead, wait until Dominica to get a trim. Then I will trim again at the next relaxer.
Until then, I will use BT, post relaxer to grow my hair in the setback area and hope it will all catch up and look okay by summer 2011. I hope by then I will BSL and have no setbacks.
What I have learned is that, I probably should not use the CHI curling iron anymore. I think that is partly why it broke off. My FHI flat iron is probably a better option for when I want to straighten my hair. I can use the CHI to tame my roots but should stick to the FHI. The way the CHI clamps down on my hair is likely no good.
*sigh*