Sunday, September 26, 2010

CHANGES TO HAIR REGIMEN

It seems that my hair has been at pause since at least January 2009. After months of trying to grow it out, it seems that I have lost length and remained at the same 'grazing APL' stage.

Thus, it is time to figure out what changes are necessary to improve my regimen and my hair growth journey.

MOISTURE: I think I need to include baggying into the routine. Maybe on Saturday nights, I can baggy my hair. I probably will baggy once a week until I know whether it makes sense or not. I also will pay special attention to my edges and my ends. I tend to do a good job keeping the length of my hair moisturized but need to step up the attention the rest of my hair and scalp receives.
GROWTH AIDS: I want to use BT 2-3 times a week as well. I know it works and will guarantee at least an inch of NG within an 8 week period which is what I need. I also want to use JBCO to thicken my hair and help it grow but will only purchase once my BT is finished.
DUSTING: I need to step this up and actually do it once a month. I dusted about 2 weeks ago and must keep it up.
DCs: I thought I was doing okay but maybe I need to step this up as well. I think heated DCs once a month at least, will be helpful to my end goal. I however do not like the way my scalp feels after sitting under a dryer so therein lies the irony. Nevertheless, I will do a heated DC once a month and will also have longer DCs of 45-60 minutes.