Thursday, May 10, 2012

Touch Up Review

So another touch up at Reflexion II but this time, Gloria did not do my hair *sob*

Instead, I had Antonia, who sighed and made what I assume to be a few comments in Spanish about the state of my 16-weeks post-relaxer hair. I must have worn her down with politeness and kindness, however, because by the time she was almost done, she was, well, on the verge of chummy. (Its amazing what being a black woman that does not present an attitude can do for you, especially when you see another black woman blow up at the salon, hehehe).

My hair did not relax as well as it does when Gloria does her thing, unfortunately. I was rather pissed that she didn't understand when I was instructing her to put protein conditioner in my hair. She simply asked me to hold on to my products because the deep conditioning they would give me "is free". I didn't feel the need to argue, especially as my youngest was there, comfortably watching cartoons and running around the salon.

Anyway, I will confirm whether Gloria has left the establishment and in the meantime, I will try a different salon. That sucks because Reflexion II has been my main place for over 2 years now and I do love me $15 off Tuesdays. But, I need a stylist/salon that will allow me to use my products. I don't care if their stuff is free. Blah!

My hair, as can be expected, looked like crap. It dried in approximately 25 minutes! Unbelievable! They got me in and out in just under 2 hours and I paid $50 for a touch up *yipee* Although they tried to screw me over, thinking they could charge me $20 for "estyling", when all the chick did was wrap that shit! The total was to be $60. I calmly asked for an explanation of my bill and in no time, it became $50. All sorts of shadiness.

Once I got home, I sprayed a little moisture mix, keratin spray and then sealed with oil. I also applied my sulfur mix to my scalp. My hair IMMEDIATELY looked and felt better, acquiring some weight, density and texture! I know people like their hair thin and lifeless, but I do not. And, I do not mind my kink, as long as I can comb through it, so that bone straight hair thing is not for me! I have continued to moisturize with a little oil because on Wednesday, I went for a 6 mile run and also walked 1.32 miles. It was a good work out, but I sweated out my hair. Thank God, I am not into bone straight hair, or that would be torture. I simply applied moisture mix to the wet parts ran my fingers through my hair. Let it airdry and then applied silk serum and brushed. A little hair oil, and it was just fine.

I just put a little keratin and oil on the hair at the back as it is a little dry. I will apply moisture mix and seal with castor oil pomade tomorrow, to ensure that breakage does not occur. I spent 40 minutes dusting my ends today and will repeat after I wash my hair next week. My next trip to the hair salon should be in about 3-4 weeks, so I get a DC. They must apply keratin CON and SEO CON or else, I won't be having it! And there will be problems!

My new relaxer schedule is as follows:
August 21
December 4

Picture of (non) progress to follow soon. *sigh*