I started last night by putting my cherry lola mix in my hair. It didn't have avocado or bananas and I used white vinegar. It was in my hair for just over two hours and then I followed up with KCKT, which I left on over night.
Here is a pic of my hair with the protein treatment -
Once I rinsed out the conditioner, I applied bentonite clay. It was a thick consistency, despite the water added and I even added more water to ensure that it smoothed out properly. I immediately noticed that my curls popped like crazy. I also noticed more hang time. I applied the clay in sections, then went back to ensure that I smoothed it in adequately. I passed over my hair a third time with wet fingers just to give the hair some moisture before I put on a shower cap.
I had the clay in for 5 hours. Below is a pic of my hair with bentonite clay in it -
Here is my product-free hair once the clay was washed out -
My observations of bentonite clay are that it is better at creating coils, giving some hang time and much less messy! I'm thinking I will find a way to mix calcium motmorilonite and bentonite together so as to use up the former clay.
As my hair began to dry, normal shrinkage kicked in. Still, my curls look good and I will try bentonite again on Wednesday/Thursday. Hopefully, my benefits from the clay, plus overnight conditioning, will accumulate.




