So, I started Day 21 last night with a quick ACV rinse in the shower and an overnight GHE with KCKT (full strength).
In the morning, I took out my braids and allowed the conditioner to dry (not on purpose though) as I cooked and got on with life.
When the opportunity presented itself, I ran down to the garage (yes, I do my hair there!) and rinsed out the conditioner.
I applied the clay for an hour!!!! Best thing I could have done. Over the last few times (well since I switched to BS), I noticed that taking my time to meticulously apply the clay makes a difference. As such I applied clay in smallish sections and once done, I went over my entire head massaging the clay into the hair. I massaged clay onto the roots and anywhere that I felt frizz got more clay and extra attention. I eventually noticed root to tip definition in about 80 percent of my hair. I kept pulling the clay from root to tip and at the ends, I gently loosened my tips. My head was sometimes upside down, sometimes right side up. Anyway, at the end of it all, my hair looked very pretty!
When I washed out the clay, and when done, I felt my strands and could feel clumping!!!! First time to have felt that much. When I took pictures of my product free hair, I could see better definition everywhere and I got down on my knees to thank God!
I went to my bathroom and rinsed my hair 'one mo gain' (lol!) and applied watered-down KCKT in small sections quickly followed by diluted gel and I loved seeing the clumping.
Morning Hair.
Hair with clay about 27 minutes into massaging it in.
Hair with clay about an hour later (I love this color!).
Hair after clay is washed out. Notice the long ringlets.
Product-free hair at crown
Hair with gel.
Hair with gel.
Hair with gel.
Key notes:
- Pay attention to your trouble spots - the finer sections at the crown and temples. These sections feel fuzzy, frizzy and do well with extra love and attention.
- Take your time with the clay - work the clay in until you feel the roots clumping EVERY TIME!
- Work in small sections for steps 4 & 5 - Apply the leave in and gel in small sections. Use clips and pins to separate the sections and take your time. The results are worth it!
- Be patient - Don't look at other people's hair and wonder why you don't have similar or better results. Take your time to focus on the plan you created. Pay attention to what works for you and be patient. Your hair is getting hydrated and in due time, you'll have fabulous max hydrated coils everywhere.







