I took pictures to see how well the clay coats my hair.
Conclusion: Not well enough.
Back of my head
Back of my head
Crown area
Front
So, I went and applied some more clay in an attempt to improve coverage.
Back
Crown
It seems that I got just a little more coverage. The clay appears to glide off certain strands and settle on my scalp instead. I will thicken it a bit for the next trial and see whether there is a difference.
I definitely think that the clay part might be retarding my MHM goals.
I will say that I saw and felt more coils around my head after this treatment. The wavy section of my head around the crown now has actual coils. I'm a bit shocked because I thought the hair there was nice before. Now I am realizing it might just be frizzy and not just looser in texture.
Anyway, I will continue to observe changes as I go along.
I must also note that this MHM Try was my 13th try (except if the 2 days I only did CLAY-LEAVE IN don't count, then, I'm only at day 11.) There were a few changes to the process. I did the BS-COWASH-CLAY-LEAVE IN-GEL (BCCLG), leaving the cowash for about 45 minutes and the clay for about 70 minutes. I heated the cowash and really worked it in. The clay was well applied as well, spending almost 30 minutes dispersing it everywhere.







