My hair continues to be dry. eARLIER IN THE DAY, i PUT TEAT TREE OIL ON MY SCALP AND RUBBED SOME aMLA OIL ON MY LOCKS. iT FELT HORRIBLY DRY AND SO I PUT SOME mANGO BUTTER ON IT WHEN i WENT OUT FFRO DINNER AND WORE A HAT. tODAY HAS BEEN A HORRIBLE HAIR DAY. In fact, the week (after my 2nd roller set) has been horrible!
I picked up some coconut oil this evening. I put some in my hair and as a prepoo for an hour then I cowashed with my VO5 Freesia. After putting that in twice, my hair felt horrible so I added some VO5 Champagne Kiss which left my hair feeling a little better.
After washing that out, I made a conditioner with ORS Con/Coconut Oil/Glycerine/Castor oil and put it in my hair for about an hour. I should have added some cinnamon but forgot, just too focused on adding moisture to my hair. Lightening my hair will have to wait until the balance is right. Once I wash out this conditioner, I will use an ACV rinse to restore a healthy pH balance.
I have observed more breakage and shedding than usual and need it to stop. I think it might be the henna I used. The next time I use it, I will mix in some conditioner and a little more Amla powder.
I hope that my hair will feel better. If it does, i will skip a cowash today (sunday) and simply do a shikamlaritha rinse on Monday.