So I went and got my hair done on Thursday evening at Cole Stevesn Salon & Day Spa. My appointment was at 7pm and I was out by 8:18. My hair was straight and looked okay. The stylist used a Chi ceramic hair dryer and iron to straighten my hair. But, it didn't feel as soft as I wanted it to. I also realized that I need to grow it out and get a cut that will have my hair looking a little sexier. Hopefully by next summer i will be at bra strap length and can achieve a sexy cut. I might even start using an Indigo rinse to darken my hair.
I was very happy to see that when I stretched my hair in the front, it touched my armpit on both sides. Very exciting!!!! I will upload pics. My hair in the back didn't look that much longer but it is nice to know that I am still on my way to APL. I only hope that I do not have a set back,e specially with the amount of heat I received.
The good thing about the salon is that apparently they specialize in texturizing natural hair and taking care of it so it grows and thrives. They have some procedure/treatment called 'hydration' which apparently texturizes/softens natural hair and enables a longer stretch. Truth be told, if I ever have extra money, I would go and try it. The stylist I had was named Sylvia.