Friday, August 15, 2008

MT, WEEK 2

I have not used VO5 conditioners in my hair since Saturday because they contain Biotin and I think that will unnecessarily dry out my hair while using MT. On Monday, I left my spiked ORS Con in my hair over night and then shampood with Suave Tropical Coconut. I then applied ORS Con and my hair felt horrible. I gave up and went on to style my hair as normal. My hair just did not feel right

On Wednesday, I shampood again. I then conditioned with ORS Con (which I spiked with some Coconut oil). My hair remained as before, it just lacked the moisture I am used to having. I then threw some Motions Moisture conditioner in my hair and it felt slightly better. However, all the cones in the Motions made my hair feel crappy and I just couldn't deal with it.

On Wednesday night, I baggied with a moisture mix of glycerin/water/castor oil/coconut oil, and applied a whole bunch of oils and creams with the hope of getting some more moisture in there, but the result washair that had too much product in it the next morning. At least, it air dried with some curls and looked alright on Thursday.

After failing to find DE Stimulations conditioner at 2 local salons, I got Neutrogena Triple Moisture (NTM) conditioner and put it in my hair on Thursday night as an overnight DC. I put some coconut oil over my locks and went to bed. This morning (Friday), I washed out the NTM, then applied some ORS Con and then applied some more NTM. My hair felt a lot softer and better.

I followed up with my moisture mix, applied some KODL, then some Mango Butter and Castor Oil pomade and then finished off with Coconut oil. Now, the NTM is nothing like the Stimulations conditioner, but I have to say that as i sit here typing, my hair is drying the way I like it. It feels moist and it is very soft. It is drying straight and I have to say I am very pleased.

I will apply MT much later in the day and then moisturize again just to ensure that I don't have hard hair again.