Tuesday, March 11, 2008

GLYCERINE & CASTOR OIL

Since I started my haircare journey approximately 3 weeks ago, I have heard continuously about the benefits of glycerine and castor oil as hair products. Today, I read on BHM that glycering is a good replacement for SCurl. In fact, ladies are swearing that you simply need to add Glycerine to your SCurl and/or favorite conditioning products to 'spike' them for major moisture benefits!
Hair ladies are also swearing by Castor Oil as a sealant.

So, here is what I'm about to do. I will add a serious 'dollop' (or 2, or 3) of Glycerine to my SCurl and see how it goes. If the results are startling, I will add some Castor oil as well. I will add Castor Oil to my SH (probably) and definitely add some more to my oil mix.

By the way, I bought some Henna and Neem oil from Periyar. I think I will add some Neem oil to my oil mix. I need to go back and purchase Neem powder for a skin concoction and my Ayurvedic hair treatment.